Top 10 challenges faced by Filipinos in distance learning
No country has been ready with the Global Pandemic brought by COVID 19. Majority of all sectors have adjusted to the new normal like working from home, virtual meetings and online classes. Similar to new beginnings, there were mishaps that were encountered during the implementation of new normal.
We have conducted a survey in an education Facebook group with over 1.6 Million members to find out the challenges faced by parents and teachers in assisting their learners through distance learning.
Distance education, also called distance learning, is the education of students who may not always be physically present at a school. Traditionally, this usually involved correspondence courses wherein the student corresponded with the school via mail. Today, it involves online education.(Wikipedia)
- Weak internet or no internet at all -854 Respondents
- Parents are having hard time assisting their children during their online or modular classes due to work and household responsibilities -520 Respondents
- Time inefficiency-386 Respondents
- Parents/ Guardians could not afford to buy load -215 Respondents
- Parents/ Guardians are faced with many distractions that are not limited to work, family and personal-124 Respondents
- Lack of learning reference-56 Respondents
- No gadgets to use during online classes or for researches -39 Respondents
- Difficulty of parents and guardians in assisting their learners in answering their modules-28 Respondents
- The learner wants their real teacher -27 Respondents
- Module errors and incapability to reporduce one -13 Respondents
Read More: DepEd: “Huwag isisi sa amin ang lahat ng mali sa module”